Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Orphanage exhibits arts, crafts works of pensioners

Yaounde, Cameroon—The House of Hope Orphanage otherwise known as a ‘place called home’ located in Nyen-Mbo, Momo division of the Northwest region has exhibited the arts and crafts works of its pensioners to the public. The orphanage organized a charity social evening at the Solomon Tandeng Muna Foundation in Yaounde on Wednesday March 4, 2015.
The founder of the orphanage, Madam Ayaba Malvis Kamah said her childhood life and the plight of orphans in Cameroon motivated her to create the orphanage.
“My childhood was very difficult, though I had both parents, I lived like an orphan. Life was so difficult and hard for me, in fact I was like a refugee in my own father’s house. I don’t want other children to feel like that” she said.
There are thousands of children in Cameroon who are not receiving the love and care they need and according to Madam Ayaba, the orphanage is dedicated to assisting as many as possible to grow into healthy, stable, mature and spiritual adults.
The social evening was an avenue to call on potential donors to come to the aid of the orphans whose needs are enormous, “they need teachers, tables, shelter, clothing, medical care…I need to give them best education, what I did not have as a child. But my means are limited, that is why we are using this social evening to call on good will donors to come and support the orphanage”. Madam Ayaba said.
Pensioners of the orphanage during the charity social evening exhibited arts and crafts works while the orphanage’s founder presented its programs and ongoing projects to invitees.
Founded in January 2012, the House of Hope Orphanage according to its founder counts 26 pensioners with two in secondary school.

No comments:

Post a Comment